Thursday, October 22, 2009

A fashionista?

I have always enjoyed shopping and trying to keep up on the latest fashion trends, but I have never considered myself a fashionista. Although I have purchased a few new items since moving to Ann Arbor, I would not say my wardrobe or general style has changed. I like to wear skirts and dresses, have my shoes match my jewelry, wear purple eye-liner with a a purple sweater, and of course heals. Dress pants and scarves, sparkles and sequins, little jackets, and tights; however, given that I am the only women on my floor who wears make-up, even just mascara and lip-gloss, I guess it is not too surprising that I have received numerous comments about how nice I look, all the matching jewelry I have, and yes, I was even called a fashionista the other day.

I do wear my fair share of jeans and T's and am not always dressed up, but it is a bit of a strange feeling to be the most fashionable one at work. I now feel this new title comes with a standard. I find myself putting a lot more thought in to my outfits on a regular basis. I think in general, everyone's shock has worn off, and I do not get as many double takes when my heals click or my skirt swishes

2 comments:

RomanX said...

Aww....I am so proud. Teach'em how to work it up there!

Wait what is this about tights? We aren't talking leggings are we? :-)

Dr. X-Tina said...

No leggings, don't worry, I'm not 'that' fashionable.