Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big News

So there will be more (mis)adventures ahead, because as most of you know, I have accepted a position at Abbott Nutrition as a Senior Scientists in Pediatrics R&D!! I am EXTREMELY excited about this opportunity for my career, while all at the same time a bit sad to be moving further away from my family and friends I have made in Ann Arbor. I will be much closer to my collage roommate and her family, as they live only an hour away!!

This has been quite a whirlwind over the last two weeks. I received a call from Abbott to set up an interview on Wednesday 9/22 for the following Monday (9/27). I was going on a mini-vacation to visit friends and family in Boston and NY and ended up cutting the trip short to fly home on the 26th and then drove to Columbus for my interview on the 27th. I was offered the position on Wednesday the 29th...a week and 2 hours from when I received the phone call to schedule, and I officially accepted on Friday the 1st. Both my boss of UMich and at the Art Institute of Michigan (where I teach as an adjunct) were sad and disappointed to see me leave, but happy for the opportunity I had received.

All throughout this process I have had nothing but good and positive feelings about this change. There was never a doubt in my mind or a moment of angst about making this decision. As I went along and heard more about the actual job and the offer I was given, my thought was "this just keeps getting better!"

In this position I will be providing product support for any nutrition-related issues/concerns, managing scientific studies needed to introduce new products or change existing ones and interfacing with foreign regulatory bodies among many things. There is estimated to be 10-15% travel, some of which will be international. I will be moving to Columbus the week after Thanksgiving and starting my new position December 6th.

I can not express enough how grateful I am for this opportunity and I will certainly have a whole lot to give thanks for this holiday season!

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

Columbus is a great town! Just keep your Illini pride and don't get sucked into the Buckeye love! ;) And let me know if you ever see a buckeye tree, I lived there for a month while finishing my PhD research and never saw a single one!

Congrats on the job... I did not even know that you had been looking. I wish you all the best as you continue your scientific career, Christina!!!