Saturday, April 25, 2009

Moving "to do" list

I have just a tad over two months until the big move. Packing has come to a bit of a stand still; I pretty much have all of the out-of-sight, and not-in-use stuff a packed. Granted I could start with pictures and decorations, but the place still has to feel livable. My mom is coming for graduation in three weeks - I can not believe it is only 3 weeks away!! - and will be taking a few things back to Michigan with her for the neighborhood garage sale at my brothers. After the PNIRS conference in Breckenridge, CO the 1st week of June, I will start with the serious packing and selling of furniture. I know that I will be selling my dining room table and chairs and maybe the couch and love-seat, it just depends on if I get a one or two bedroom at Arbor Landings, which I hope to find out in the next week or so.






























Other moving stuff:
1) Call on cable and internet to find out about canceling
2) Call on cable and internet in Ann Arbor to set up service
3) Open a bank account at Chase, which is also in Ann Arbor, making the financial switch a lot easier
4) Pack, pack, pack
5) Sell furniture on Craig's list
6) Transfer RefWorks accounts from UIUC to UofM, which is small miracle that UofM has this service as well
7) Going away BBQ, flip-cup party (June 27th)

AS I TYPE...The phone rings and it is the new apartment complex and
I HAVE MY PLACE!!!!

The apartment is a 2 bedroom (plenty of room for visitors) on the 2nd floor, which is the lay-out I really wanted, plus it is in a prime location in the community; right near the club house (which has a great workout room), pool, and tennis courts. My patio does not face the parking lot and I get a covered parking space!!

No comments: