Monday, March 15, 2010

Back to the blogosphere

After about a four month hiatus, I have decided to return to blogging, mainly because life is seemingly settled enough to have some (mis)adventure worth sharing.

To start off, a brief summary of the last few months in the life of Dr. X-Tina.
  1. My final PhD study is now published in Brain Behavior and Immunity with some well-received press
  2. The post-doc grant is funded and will start this summer, along with the clock. I'm planning on moving to the next phase of my career when it is finished. Figuring out what that will be, hum...
  3. Come this August, the extended Sherry family will have another little one, as my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their third child
  4. There is a new(ish) boyfriend in my life, most of which I'll probably keep private, but I must say he's pretty wonderful.
  5. I'm off for a 30th birthday booze cruise in about a month; stay tuned for (mis)adventures to follow
  6. I have been volunteering with Operation Frontline through Gleaners Food Bank in Detroit, as a nutrition instructor for their "Eating Right" program.
  7. Starting this summer, I will be an adjunct nutrition instructor at The Art Institute of Michigan, teaching nutrition to culinary arts students; a paid gig that will start some retirement savings, since post-docs don't qualify.
  8. My circle of friends is expanding...slower than I'd like
  9. My cousin was in a fairly serious car accident last weekend. He, and the other passengers, are out of the woods, but his recovery will be a long journey.
  10. And just my luck, to top it all off, my car suffered two small injuries weeks apart during all the snow in February.

2 comments:

Sarah the Savage said...

What, no TIAA-CREF for post-docs? That is crazy. Congrats on the teaching job, though!

RomanX said...

Well it sounds like you have been fairly busy. Hope your cousin makes a fast recovery.