Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cable

I have completed several things on the moving 'to-do' list in the last several days, including:
  1. Establishing renters insurance for the new place. I am amazed at just wide the price ranges was. AAA won out and was almost $100 cheaper than everyone else.
  2. Canceled my bank account at Busey and am now banking exclusively with Chase - thanks John.
  3. I've started the change of address process. There are a lot of places (credit cards, cell phone, USPS, alma mater, UIUC, old apartment) I need to make sure this happens. Thankfully most bills are on-line, so statements won't get lost.
  4. I got Thank You cards for all the people at lab. Filling them out yesterday was hard, this whole thing is hard.
  5. Finalizing the vacation to the East Coast July 10-21; more to come on those details.
  6. I have to go to McKinley and get the last of the refills on my Rx this afternoon.
  7. I need to schedule a pick-up with Habitat for some furniture.


























The next big thing to accomplish today is cable. Any and all thoughts and suggestions on experiences with different cable providers is welcomed. At Country Fair we have a great deal with Illicom, which of course is not an option in Ann Arbor. My new complex uses Comcast, but I can do Direct TV or Dish. My biggest concern is the weather and service cutting out. Also, I'm looking in to other internet options. Comcast is running a 6 month special, but they are crazy expensive after that. I think for this my only other option in Verizon, but I have to look more in to that.

1 comment:

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Pick Comcast, Pick Comcast!!! :)

Seriously though, if you decide that it's Comcast that fits your needs, email our team. We'd be happy to assist in getting you hooked up.

Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com
@ComcastMelissa