Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lunch is now served on the balcony

I have been here just shy of a week and thankfully everything is unpacked and just about everything is up on the walls. Still a few pictures to figure out what to do with and some furniture re-arranging in the near future, but all in all, it looks like I live here.

I have most all the essentials near my apartment in the Westgate Shopping center, including, Kroger, Chase, Rite-Aid, Dollar General, K-mart (yes folks, there are still a few around), the west branch of the library, some restaurants, and lots of other lil' shops I have still to discover. Meijers and Lowe's are also not too far. I am on the far west edge of town and there is a little township that butts up to Ann Arbor, Scio Township, so for reference, it'd be analgous to going to Wal-Mart in Savoy, if one lived say off Prospect and Kirby.

Today I also established a local for my bottle returns (in the laundry room), used the work-out facility in the clubhouse, and had lunch on the balcony.

This week I need to take care of changing all the paperwork for my car and getting a new drivers license at the Secretary of State (which is also close in the Westgate center) and go to the library and rent some books on tape for my impending drive out east. I reserved my ticket for the Duck Boat Tour in Boston and still have a fews plans to figure out for that leg of the trip before I leave on Friday. I'm also hoping to meet up a with a few friends I know in town before I head off, and Kelly and I are meeting for dinner on Thursday to catch-up, since I am so close and have the opportunity to do that now.

I am meeting with Alan (the new boss) on Tuesday to finalize the grant proposal, as I have to submit before I leave since due dates will be when I am on vacation. He emailed me his revisions yesterday about 5pm - and I thought I was a work-a-holic.

Meredith arrived about an hour ago. She'll be staying this month for her elective rotation at UofM hopsital. It works out well for both of us; she a place to stay pretty much to herself, and me a cat sitter. It'll be nice to have a friendly face around for the next few days, and hopefully she'll be up for checking out a few places downtown.

No comments: