Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sprinklers, sinks, and spiders

It has officially been a week now and, well there are a few things that are a bit vexing.
  1. The sprinklers come on 3-4 times/day seemingly regardless of the previous night's weather. They have no regard for the walking paths that lead me to my car or the clubhouse (with the workout facilities). With all that said, probably the most agitating trait is that they spray on my car providing me with not even a full Polish carwash daily making it not only impossible to ever leave my windows cracked but also necessary to wash the water spots nearly every time I drive.
  2. My kitchen sink has only one compartment. Now I do have a dishwasher, but given the minimal amount of dished I accumulate even after a night of cooking and the amount of water the dishwasher uses, I have only used it once (when the family was here). So I am left with a bit of a conundrum: what to do with the dirty dishes before they are washed? With only a few, it has not been a problem. However, once they start to pile up and it comes time to either rinse a dish or two or to wash them all, I am at a loss. I have been piling them up on the counter until I get the wash water ready, which is sort of remedy, but then comes the issue of rinsing. The sink is pretty deep, so if I start washing dishes while filling up the sink I can use the running water for rinsing, but at times the water just gets nasty and then defeats the whole purpose. I know the simple solution is to use the dishwasher and maybe once I have a more regular schedule after my 2 months of vacation, I'll see if the dishwasher option is worth it.
  3. In addition, the kitchen sink does not have a sprayer. This has not caused nearly the dilemma as the one compartment, but it does make it difficult to rinse food particles and clean the sink.
  4. I do not seem to know my own strength and snapped the blinds in the dining room last night. I was pulling them up and the right side of the top frame piece, where the roller balls sits, snapped. Thankfully they did not come down from the wall and after some finagling I was able to coax them down. For now this will work; they still open, just do not retract.
  5. I have some pretty fierce spiders on the balcony. I tried to kill them last night with bug spray and ran out and thankfully they did not come in the night to attack me, although I had a dream which presented a different scenario. I purchased some more spray today, which is floral scented (who knew) and sprayed it everywhere. They only seem to come out at night and I really do not want to have to actually be out on the balcony at the same time to see where they are to kill them, but this maybe the case - we'll see.
All in all though, these nuisances are cloaked by the washer/dyer, sitting outside eating lunch and reading, covered parking, and the Plum Market.

4 comments:

RomanX said...

Excellent way to keep your eye on the good aspects. I would recommend some sort of rack system for the dishes? Maybe that would help out?

Dr. X-Tina said...

I think I've defeated the spiders!

Unknown said...

You better get rid of the spiders or I am not coming back. Those things were as big as a bird!

Dr. X-Tina said...

Last I checked I had won aganist the spiders, so I think its safe for you to visit